The WisdomMe.org community is made up of many people with different cultural backgrounds and Dhamma understanding. The thread that holds members of this community together is respect and goodwill toward other members. Members should treat others as one would expect others to treat you. Special caution should be used when communicating with monastics. Following site guidelines not only enhance your own Dhamma knowledge but also projects goodwill (Metta as referred in Dhamma) toward the community. Not following these guidelines may lead to preventing further access to the site.
The WisdomMe site will not share any profile information with third parties for financial or non-financial gains. All the services provided by the site is free of charge and the site maintenance and improvements are implemented using public and private donations.
- Using a secure password prevents unwarranted hacking that could expose profile of all members.
- Information provided in your own profile should be correct to make sure that what others see is factual.
- Do not use site resources for any financial gains.
- Respect all monastic members regardless of their Buddhist sect or national origin.
- If there is disagreement with any material posted by other members, you have the option to unfriend them. Notify the site administrator if more actions are required.
- Be mindful of postings or responses to make sure that true Metta (goodwill) is projected toward others.
- Moderators have more responsibilities as they lead, guide, or direct members of a group or an organization.
- Always respect others who follow your group or organization.
- When posting updated to your organization or group, use extreme caution to prevent alienation of members.
- When posting updates for organization, as needed consult with the chief monastics when there is a doubt.
- Respect all groups regardless of their objectives.
- If there is disagreement with any Dhamma material associated or posted by the group, you always have the option to un-follow the group.
- Respect all organizations (temples) regardless of the Buddhist sect or the national origin.
- If there is disagreement with any Dhamma material associated or posted by the organization, un-follow the organization option can be used.